Hi everyone. I hope you all had a great week. Since I haven't shared much about myself on this blog, I thought I would dedicate a post so that you can get to know me a little better. It has been a busy week here at school and my computer screen decided to stop working on me! So sorry for the lack of posts lately! Hopefully I will have a new computer soon. Today I am blogging from my campus computer.
I had a great spring break last week. It was a nice opportunity to relax and recharge. I was able to cook a lot and go to new restaurants, which was really fun. I always find it relaxing to cook and it has been one of my hobbies to find new restaurants ever since I can remember. I spent a few hours in the kitchen on Monday before I had to go back to school on Tuesday and made a vegan quiche, some seed and date balls, the heavenly carrot cake oatmeal from Oh She Glows, and some sweet potato fries. It was all so good! I also went to Sprouts and discovered a vegan Daiya pizza that I had for an easy dinner. It was a great discovery for a vegan pizza lover :)
Note: I was going to post recipes for my vegan creme brulee and granola, but I want to perfect the recipes first.
Anyway, back to the post about me!
1. I was born and raised in California and currently live in Southern California.
2. I was a cheerleader and on my homecoming court in high school. I went to an all girls Catholic school and cheered for our brother school. You would never know I was a cheerleader because I am very shy and introverted.
3. I love New York City and it is my favorite city. I have missed it so much since I left after going to Fordham University for 2 years.
4. My favorite country is Italy, after taking a family vacation there last summer. Venice is absolutely beautiful and the food in Italy is amazing.
5. I studied abroad in Germany for my Spring 2013 semester and it was an amazing experience that I did not think I would be able to have. I am so grateful.
6. I have three sisters, Mary, Celina, and Juliana. I am the third of the four.
7. My family and I all live around the United States so I miss my sisters and my dad a lot.
8. I want to be a Registered Dietitian so that I can help others find a healthy and balanced diet to improve their health and gain confidence. It is my goal to help others no matter what happens in my career.
9. I am German and Polish, but mostly Puerto Rican on my mother's side.
10. I believe that living every day in gratitude is important for happiness. Thinking about what I have and not complaining about what I don't have is something I actively do every day.
11. I can't live without Netflix or my Nutribullet.
12. I love to cook and find inspiration from watching Food Network, Cooking Channel, and from reading other blogs.
13. I love to travel and hope to be able to travel more after I graduate. I have a long list of places I want to go such as Australia, New Zealand, India, Puerto Rico, Greece, Poland, and more. I feel very fortunate that I was able to travel to many countries during the time that I studied abroad. Thank you to my parents for that! I couldn't have done without them.
14. I cannot wait to be a mom, but that probably won't be for a while!
15. My mother and grandmother are the most inspirational people to me and my mom is my best friend. I lost my grandmother 2 years ago, but she is always in my thoughts. My step mom is also someone who I think about every day and I am doing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in her honor. You can donate on my Avon Walk page.
16. I am currently studying Psychology. I find it very interesting and am learning so much about people and how we think. I love how it is connected to so many other fields such as science and sociology and works as a base for any career. I think that social psychology is my favorite and I am also very interested in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It all fascinates me.
17. I am 22 years old, born on July 21, 1991.
18. I love to go wine tasting, hiking, doing yoga, going to Farmer's Markets, going to the beach, and having new experiences. I find peace going out into nature and appreciating what God has provide, although I do not do it enough or as much as I'd like.
19. I have gone sky diving. Maybe bungee jumping is next?
20. Since becoming vegan, this is the first time that I have been able to really stick to healthy eating because I have finally learned the balance of indulging and staying healthy. Moderation is key. I can still have sweets and then have healthy foods for the rest of the time without beating myself up. And I indulge in Mexican food once in a while; it is my favorite. Margaritas, anyone?
21. My favorite shows are Law and Order: SVU, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, and Bones. Can you tell I like crime shows? My guilty pleasure show is The Vampire Diaries and I have also gotten into Believe and Resurrection. I also loved Breaking Bad and How I Met Your Mother and I am sad they are over.
22. I love to learn about new foods and to read about nutrition and eating healthy. I have learned so much from fellow bloggers and am inspired every day from the knowledge I am gaining.
I hope you all enjoyed getting to know me a little better! Things may be slower around here because I am really busy with school papers and assignments and do not have complete access to a computer. :( I will be posting pictures on Instagram though so I hope you can follow along.
Tomorrow I am going to go to the Farmer's Market to get some fresh produce for the week...my favorite part of the weekend :)
Have a great weekend everyone!
Until next time,