Saturday, March 15, 2014

Walking for a Cure

I am so excited to be a part of the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer taking place in Santa Barbara, CA in September. I lost my step mom after her 2 year battle with cancer, so this cause means a lot to me! It seems as though every day I hear about somebody else who has been affected by cancer or who knows someone who has gone through it or is going through it. No one should have to suffer from this disease!

The Avon Foundation does wonderful things with the money raised from this walk. I cannot wait to walk with some amazing women and men who are coming together for a common cause. The money raised from this walk goes to education, treatment care, preventative measures, and further research for finding a cure.

This is just one of the things I can do to be a part of progress in finding a cure for cancer. This is my first walk so I am a little bit intimidated, but I am also very happy that I am taking this challenge. I will be thinking of my step mom the whole time I am walking the 39.3 miles!

I hope to raise at least $1800, and am on my way to getting there. If you can donate anything at all, I would greatly appreciate it! It is a great cause and one that I am honored to be a part of.

Here is the link to my page where you can donate. If you have any fundraising ideas for me or want to learn more about the walk, leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you :)


Hannah



No comments:

Post a Comment