Saturday, March 15, 2014

Guilt-Free Shamrock Shake

I have been looking forward to this post all week! Since starting this blog, I feel a whole new sense of creativity and an eagerness to try new recipes. Looking at other blogs has given me a ton of inspiration for what I should try.

I decided to get into the St Patty's Day spirit by making green dishes today. I was so excited to try to make my own Shamrock Shake. Can you believe I have never had one in my life?! I knew I didn't want to splurge on the calories, fat, or sugar by going to McDonald's, so I looked up the original recipe and decided to make my own spin on it.

The usual recipe and nutrition breakdown:

Calories 530 
Fat 15g
Calories from Fat 140
Saturated Fat 10g
Sugar 73g

I don't know about you, but I know I wouldn't feel so great after drinking that load of calories!

Check out my version below, featuring fresh mint, nutritious banana, and smooth almond milk.

Guilt-Free Shamrock Shake
Serves 1

8 leaves fresh mint
1 cup dairy free milk of your choice
4 ice cubes
1/4 tsp mint extract
4 drops green food coloring
1 frozen banana, chopped

Place ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
Top with coconut whipped cream and a sprig of fresh mint.

This was so delicious, I know I will be making it again.

Have a happy St. Patrick's Day weekend everyone!

                                                

                                               

Fresh mint is a staple in my house. It is so good for fresh mint tea or as an addition to smoothies!

My version of the Shamrock Shake:
137 calories, with nutrients and minerals too!

I know this will be what I am drinking on St. Patrick's Day!

I hope you enjoy :)

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment